|Format - IGES|
The IGES Reader component reads files from IGES. This component is in the form of shared libraries.
InterOp Connect supports translation of the following file formats and versions:
|File Format||File Extension||Version Supported|
|IGES||.igs, .iges||IGES versions up to 5.3|
Features of the IGES Reader include:
- B-Rep Support
- Trim Support
- Assembly Support
- Associative Instance Support
- Free Surface Support
- Free Curve Support
- Free Point Support
- Selective Conversion Support
- Conversion Status and Summary Support
- Annotation Callback Support
Options for IGES Reader
|AcceptBadData||false||This option controls whether to handle bad geometry data.|
|CopiousToManyCurves||false||This option controls the translation of copious into multiple spline curves.|
|CopiousToStraightCurves||false||This option controls the translation of copious into multiple line curves.|
|Flavor||0||This option controls the read flavor while reading an IGES file for translation.|
|FreePlaneBound||"-1"(minus one)||This option controls reading of unbounded planes.|
|MaskEntitiesByDE*||" " (Empty String)||This option controls the masking of IGES directory entities during the translation process.|
|MaskEntitiesByID*||" "(Empty String)||This option controls the masking of specified IGES entities during the translation process.|
|MaskInclusive*||false||This option controls the translation of those entities that are masked by the user during the translation process.|
|TranslateAnnotationsAsGeometry||false||This option controls the translation of annotation data from an IGES file as geometrical entities.|
|TranslateGroupAsAssemblies||false||This option controls whether to translate Associative Instance entities (402) from an IGES file as assemblies.|
|TranslateGroupEntities||true||This option controls whether to translate Associative Instance entities (402) contained in IGES file.|
|TrimCurveReadPreference||default value from file||This option specifies whether to use 2D or 3D trimming curves while trimming the IGES 144 or 143 trim surfaces.|
|MaxSewingTol*||1e-3||This option sets the maximum tolerance limit for sewing sheets.|
|MinSewingTol*||1e-6||This option sets the minimum tolerance limit for sewing sheets.|
|SewTolStep*||10.0||This option sets the tolerance value by which the tolerance can be increased in steps.|
* Not available for the ACIS product line.
- File Format
- Supports reading of IGES files generated by AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and IGES files having Jama-IS flavors using the IGES.Flavor option.
- Document Type
- InterOp gives the Document Type of an IGES file through the SPAIDocumentHeaderInfo interface. This helps identify whether the given input IGES file is a part or an assembly or both part and assembly. Once identified, you can choose your work flow: that is, if the Document Type is Part or Assembly, or Part+Assembly, then use the Representation option, BRep or Assembly, or BRep+Assembly, respectively.
- If any IGES file contains a group, then you may choose between two different routes of translation (flatten or assembly) using the TranslateGroupAsAssemblies option. In this case, Document Type will return Part with the TranslateGroupAsAssemblies option default value of false.
If you want to translate groups as Assembly, then enable the TranslateGroupAsAssemblies option (true). To determine whether this IGES file has groups, use the SPAIDocumentHeaderInfo::GetConfigurationsCount interface (return value will be greater than zero if groups are present in the file) of SPAIDocumentHeaderInfo. Thus, you can add the Assembly representation to the Representation option to get the desired work flow and output.
- Assembly File Support
- The translator can translate IGES assembly (*.igs & *.iges) files. Depending upon the capabilities of the Writer, the assembly will be flattened or written as assembly.
Note: In case of translation to ACIS in flatten mode, the part name format in flatten route of ACIS is as follows:
- where "#" is used as a separator for Instance Name and Definition Name. InterOp provides a definition name with Instance Name for subassemblies.
- Support for Free Part Translation
- In case of ACIS translation, InterOp provides support for translation of free parts along with the assembly. For more information, refer to Free Part Translation.
- Supported Entity Types
- Supports all types of IGES geometries such as, curves and surfaces like splines, b-splines, rules, sweeps, spuns, planes, conics, lines, circle, and offsets.
- Support for Trimmed Surfaces and MSBO
- Provides support for both trimmed surfaces(144, 143) and topological representations(MSBO -186).
- Support for Free Surfaces, Free Curves and Free Points
- Provides support for free surfaces, free curves, and free points.
The IGES Reader provides a mechanism to access the IGES file annotation data during the translation. Refer to IGES Reader Annotation.
The IGES Reader has the following limitations:
- Format support
- This translator does not supports binary or compressed formats.