HowTo:Use a license key
- What is the purpose of the license key?
- The Spatial license key allows customers to develop applications using Spatial products and allows Spatial to protect the use of its Intellectual Property.
- Is this required for basic ACIS components, or for optional components only?
- A license key is required for all Spatial products, including InterOp. You can get one key per licensed Spatial product or select one key for multiple licensed Spatial products. This is determined upon how you ship your products.
- Is this required for developers?
- Yes. However, if your Application Key type is of Development type, then it expires on the day your development agreement with Spatial expires. You can renew your development agreement and get a new license key.
- How many developers are allowed a license key?
- You can provide the key to as many developers in your organization as you need. There is no limit.
- Is this required for end users of applications that use ACIS or InterOp?
- You must provide a production license to your end users as part of your application. There is no impact or visibility to end users.
- How many end users are allowed a license key?
- Because the licensing is embedded in your application, there is no limit to the number of end users using your application. However, we have provided an optional registration mechanism which will allow you to keep track of how many end users are using your application. (University customers need to register each installation of their ACIS-based products. Refer to Registration.)