HowTo:Report a Bug?
- Login to the on-line Support Center.
- Click on the Ask a Question / Log a Defect tab
- Complete the fields on the resulting page (refer to the topics below for details specific to each product line).
- For defects or enhancement requests, attach a Journal for ACIS issues, a Session File for InterOp issues, or an HSF file for HOOPS issues.
- Click on the Submit Question button at the bottom of the page.
- To track your incident through the Spatial Incident Workflow, log in to the Support Center and review the incident status page.
Note: When submitting an incident, completing all of the fields may help prevent unnecessary delays in addressing your inquiry.
Hint: If multiple files fail with the same error, include all of the affected files.
Information and Files to Include with Your Inquiry
- Most of the ACIS APIs have journaling capability. We strongly recommend using this capability to create Scheme scripts. Many times these scripts capture the exact failure you are observing in your application.
- Direct interfaces and some APIs do not have journaling capability. For such cases, we request customers submit a C++ script that demonstrates the errors.
- Do not use absolute path names when reading the file in both Scheme and C++.
- For C++ examples, avoid using platform-specific header files whenever possible.
- For Faceter issues, always save the SAT file with the REFINEMENT entity so that the Faceter settings can be duplicated. Also, include images to show the area of problem.
- Include images or screen shots whenever possible.
- Indicate whether this is a unique data-specific failure or if the operation fails for all similar inputs.
- Each InterOp product is shipped with a sample application. Test the issue with the sample application before reporting it to Spatial.
- Submit input files, log files, and session files with each failure.
- Submit images to illustrate visual issues such as missing faces and bad translation.
- If the sample application needs to be modified to demonstrate the issue, modify the sample and include the modified sample.
Follow the instructions listed in the HOOPS Online Help.